AIRWAY @ FIX2017
We are excited to announce that we will be hosting an AIRWAY event during the FIX2017 All Fixed Party
Come for the food, stay for the drinks and be moved by the stories.
Story Telling will start at October 5 at 8pm: Slate NYC 54 W 21st St, New York, NY 10010
We all have stories to tell. They are sometimes funny or inappropriate or heartbreaking. Others affirm our decision to become doctors in the first place. Share your experiences especially as they relate to gender and bias in medicine.
AIRWAY began as a storytelling event hosted in the New York City area for emergency physicians to come together for a night of community, entertainment, and an opportunity to share experiences from the trenches. Visit their stories page to see what kind of stories doctors tell.
What we need from you?
- We are actively recruiting storytellers.
- All stories about any topic related to your experience as an emergency physician are welcome, but preference will be given to those that fit with the over arching FIX2017 theme.
- Generally there will be about a half dozen pre-selected stories. The remainder of the time will be open mic. There will be the opportunity for interested storytellers to sign up for available spots at the venue.
- If you are interested in telling a story, please email email@example.com.
- No patient identifiers should be included, strict adherence to patient confidentiality must be maintained
- Stories should be less than five minutes long
- A handheld mic and stand will be provided.
- No other props or audio/visual aids will be used.
- Priority will be given to those registered for FIX2017.
- Keep in mind that there are many lessons to draw from our experiences in the ER. The most valuable stories distill our experience into a positive light and help us see our work in a more favorable way.