The Department of Emergency Medicine at the Medical College of Wisconsin seeks board eligible/board certified ED Physicians at our primary adult affiliate, Froedtert Hospital – the only Level 1 Trauma Center in eastern Wisconsin.
• Join a program ranked as one of the top 20 NIH funded Emergency Medicine Departments.
• Our department is engaged in several federally funded multi-center studies.
• Become a part of a nationally and internationally recognized team of experts in Emergency Medical Services, recognized as a national model for medical oversight of an EMS system by the Institutes of Medicine report on Emergency Medicine.
• Started in 1978, our department has hosted one of the original Emergency Medicine Residencies in the nation, while remaining progressive and innovative.
• Flexibility to split your time with our VA affiliate or our Free Standing ED, in addition to working at our primary affiliate, Froedtert Hospital.
• Opportunities for Women’s Leadership development
The Emergency Department team brings nationally recognized expertise in a wide range of academic areas including EMS and Disaster Medicine, Toxicology, Injury Prevention and Control, Cardiac Resuscitation, Global Health, Ultrasound, Medical Education and ED Process Improvement.
Successful candidates should bring strong clinical abilities, well-refined interpersonal skills, enthusiasm, and commitment to MCW’s academic missions.
• Board Certified or Board Eligible in Emergency Medicine
• Eligible for medical licensure in Wisconsin
• Teaching, patient care and research as well as some administrative duties
MCW is a major academic medical center; the largest research institution in the Milwaukee metro area and second largest in Wisconsin. MCW is a distinguished leader and innovator in the education and development of the next generation of physicians, scientists, pharmacists and health professionals; we discover and translate new knowledge in the biomedical and health sciences; we provide cutting-edge, collaborative, patient care of the highest quality; and we improve the health of the communities we serve.
Located along the Lake Michigan shoreline, Milwaukee, Wisconsin, is one of America’s great cities, combining a dynamic urban community with a rich cultural heritage with access to parks, rivers, and other outdoor recreation. Milwaukee is the largest city in Wisconsin and the 23rd largest city in the United States. It is home to corporate headquarters for industry leaders including Northwestern Mutual, Johnson Controls, Manpower, Harley Davidson, and others. Milwaukee is a popular venue for sailing, windsurfing, kite-surfing, ethnic dining, and cultural festivals; the city is recognized for its museums, fine dining and hotels, professional sports, gardens and parks, and Milwaukee County Zoological Gardens. The population of the City of Milwaukee is approximately 600,000 and approximately 1.8 million people live in the greater Milwaukee area.