The Chief of Service Vice Chair will have the opportunity to advance an expanding and diverse academic tertiary site in the growth of its operational efficiencies, patient-centered care and clinical oversight of the ED.
About the ED:
● ACS verified Level I trauma center
• 812-bed tertiary teaching hospital that is academically affiliated with the Hofstra Northwell Health School of Medicine
● 51 ED Beds seeing nearly 90,000 visits annually
● MD coverage: 125 hours/day
● ACP coverage: 80 hours/day
● NYS Safe Center of Excellence
● Comprehensive Stroke Center
● Heart Hospital
● 8-bed Observation Unit run by ED
● Pediatric ED within NSUH ED (managed by ED)
● 24-hour Cath Lab
● Social work/case management
● Transplant programs for Heart, Renal and Liver
● 32% Admission Rate
● Several ED residency and fellowship programs
● SkyHealth Transport Program
● Active partnership with local and regional EMSFully staffed with an exceptional team of ABEM/ABOEM BP/BC Physicians and experienced PAs and NPs
Manhasset, New York is located in Nassau County on the north shore of Long Island in a beautiful suburban community. It offers some of the nation’s top schools, superb shopping and fantastic restaurants. It is conveniently located 30 minutes from New York City by train.
Competitive salary, bonus and benefit package.