Infinity HealthCare/ Envision Physician Services is currently seeking an EMS Medical Director to join our team at Swedish American Hospital in Rockford, IL.
Candidates must be Board Certified in Emergency Medicine
• ED annual volume: 72,000
• Illinois Level II Trauma Center (approximately 500 trauma service admissions per year)
• Physician Coverage: Eight (8), Nine (9) and Ten (10) hour shifts, double coverage (24 Hours) in main ED with overlapping shifts – EM physician coverage: 55 hours
• Physician Extender Coverage: 80 hours
• “Intake” Physician Extender (Triage/Fast Track)
• University of Illinois Family Practice Residency Program affiliation
• EDAP (State of Illinois recognition as ED Approved for Pediatrics)
• Chest Pain Center
• Stroke Center
• EMS Resource Hospital (the region’s largest EMS provider)
• Affiliate of UW Health
Swedish American Hospital is a division of UW Health- the integrated health system of the University of Wisconsin-Madison. They have been providing high quality EMS services to the community of Rockford since 1978.
• A Resource Hospital for 25 fire/ambulance/rescue services in six counties serving Northern Illinois
• National accreditation of the paramedic program through the Commission on Accreditation for Allied Health Education Programs (CAAHEP)
• Accreditation of EMS Continuing Education through the Continuing Education Coordinating Board for Emergency Medical Services (CECBEMS)
• EMS staff run the American Heart Association Training Center which provides an active schedule of CPR, ACLS and PALS courses to multiple regional hospitals
• EMS stall also provides over 5,000 continuing education hours to regional EMS providers
• First in the region to introduce prehospital 12-lead EKGs and the Continuous Chest Compression Project and trained all associated personnel
• Use of I-Stan, a state-of-the-art tool for patient training scenarios and extensive training for the EMS staff
SwedishAmerican Hospital has serviced the Rockford community and surrounding area from the same location for over 95 years. The ED has consistently ranked as one of the busiest in Illinois. Infinity HealthCare has been staffing and managing the ED since August of 2003.
In 2001, the hospital joined forces with Midtown District, Zion Development, Habitat for Humanity and the City of Rockford to reinvigorate this segment of the community. A new main entrance to the hospital was built, as well as two multi-story medical office buildings, renovation and a new entrance for the Regional Cancer Center, rerouting of a major city street to form a contiguous campus and a new Emergency Department. The new construction has served as a catalyst for neighborhood redevelopment. Work is in progress for new owner-occupied homes, a new neighborhood park and sites for commercial development.
The facility is the largest and most modern emergency and Level II trauma center in the region with forty (40) individual treatment rooms, digital X-Ray capabilities linked across the entire Health System, as well as on-site CT scanning. The chemical decontamination room was the first in northern Illinois.
SwedishAmerican has been honored numerous times over the past decade for accomplishments in quality improvement, including national recognition as a Top 100 Hospital, winner of the Lincoln Award for Excellence and the USA Today National Quality Cup. It has been named one of the nation’s best cardiac programs by HealthGrades.
SwedishAmerican Hospital serves as the primary teaching hospital for the University of Illinois College Of Medicine in Rockford. The emergency physicians serve as Preceptors for the Family Practice residents in training. In addition, it serves as a clinical rotation site for multiple PA programs.
Rockford is located in northern Illinois and is a 90-minute drive to downtown Chicago. Often referred to as the “City of Gardens”, Rockford boasts 7,000 acres of parkland, tree-lined streets, a green downtown area, a riverside trail and several public gardens. Although the Rock River separates the east from the west side, it brings the city together by for various events throughout the year including the Illinois Snow Sculpting Competition, the Fourth of July Festival, Music in the Park and Holiday Festival of Lights. Watch a Rockford Starfires baseball game at historic Beyer Stadium, see a show at the theatre or an outdoor concert, visit one of the many museums and shops around town, or enjoy a day outdoors biking, hiking, swimming, boating or camping at any of the parks and forest reserves. Rockford truly has something for everyone!
Benefits and Compensation
Envision offers paid family health, prescription, vision, dental, life, disability, flexible scheduling, 401(k), paid malpractice, signing bonuses, relocation for distances greater than 50 miles, performance & profit-sharing bonuses and much more!