Envision Physician Services is proud to present this unique opportunity to create an EM Residency Program in Houston, TX.
- Must be Board Certified in Emergency Medicine
- Must have 5 years of experience with an ACGME accredited emergency medicine residency program and 3 years of experience in program administration
- Will be willing to combine administrative and teaching responsibilities (50/50)
- Will have strong administrative and team building skills
- Will have excellent interpersonal and communication skills
Candidates with recent scholarly activity such as peer reviewed funding, publication of original research or review articles in peer-reviewed journals, chapters in textbooks, publication or presentation of case reports or clinical series at scientific society meetings, or participation in national committees or educations organizations are highly encouraged to apply.
At HCA, they believe graduate medical education is much more than medical training. Their goal is to inspire tomorrow’s physicians to care for and improve human life by focusing on patient-centered approaches to practicing the latest evidence-based medicine. As the nation’s top-performing healthcare system, they believe in challenging their residents to exceed their patient’s expectations at every turn. Today, HCA has more than 203 residency and fellowship programs in 43 hospitals across 13 states. Over the next five years, they will invest in 100 more programs that will offer 5,000 residency positions, making HCA one of, if not the leading provider of graduate medical education in the country.
The Texas Gulf Coast region is one of the key geographic strategies for the expansion of HCA’s GME programs. HCA is seeking an Emergency Medicine Program Director to lead in the development and implementation of a new Emergency Medicine Residency Program for the Houston area. This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced, motivated, qualified leader to have input on building a program from the ground up. This program will be affiliated with the University of Houston’s new and highly anticipated medical school.
Houston, TX is one of the fastest growing and most culturally diverse cities in the country. As the 4th largest city in the U.S., it was voted amongst the “Top 20 Best Cities to Live” by U.S. News and World Report for 2017. Residents of Houston enjoy an incredible quality of life with an endless array of culture and entertainment including professional sports, first-class museums, a vibrant restaurant scene and plenty of greenspace.
The city is well-recognized for an affordable cost of living, a strong economy and no state income tax. Another major perk of life as a Houstonian is diverse and affordable real estate. From a modern loft downtown to a traditional, single-family home in the Woodlands, the greater Houston area offers a wide variety of housing options.
Benefits and Compensation
Envision Physician Services is a dynamic, physician-led organization which has been offering exceptional career opportunities since 1972. With more than 14,000 affiliated providers coast-to-coast, Envision Physician Services is nationally-recognized for delivering clinical excellence supported through innovation, integration and exceptional leadership.
Whether you are considering full-time, part-time or independent contractor opportunities with Envision Physician Services, you can rest assured you will be working for an industry-leader who delivers a vast array of benefits unmatched within the industry, including:
- Physician-led organization
- Strong leadership on a local, regional and national level
- Exceptional quality of practice backed by comprehensive support services
- Optimal staffing ratios and flexible scheduling options
- “A” rated professional liability insurance
- Extensive variety of practice settings coast-to-coast
- Competitive compensation including several benefit options
- Opportunities for professional development, mentoring and career advancement
- Comprehensive education and training on leadership, management and clinical best practices, including a wide variety of CME programs
- Colleague referral bonus program
*Benefits vary by division, clinical specialty and employment status