Envision Physician Services and Hospital Corporation of America (HCA), along with Overland Park Regional Medical Center Department of Emergency Medicine, is seeking an Emergency Medicine Residency Program Director.
Overland Park Regional Medical Center has been serving the healthcare needs of Johnson County and the surrounding counties since 1978. The hospital is a licensed 343-bed facility offering acute medical care services to our patients. With four easily-accessible emergency departments – the ED at Overland Park Regional Medical Center’s main campus is a Level II Trauma Center with an annual patient-volume of 26,000; the ER of Shawnee is a freestanding ED with an annual patient-volume of 11,000; the ER of Olathe is another freestanding ED with an annual patient-volume of 11,000; and the Pediatric ER of Overland Park, also located on Overland Park Regional Medical Center’s main campus, with an annual patient-volume of 4,000 – there is no shortage of emergency care. Our experienced, board-certified physicians and highly-trained staff are passionate about the community and the care they provide. The Emergency Medicine Residency Program Director will receive adequate protected time to create the infrastructure for a first-class training program. Qualified candidates will be energetic, highly-motivated, and meet the following requirements:
- requisite, specialty expertise and documented educational and administrative experience acceptable to the Review Committee
- at least three years’ experience as a core faculty member in an ACGME-accredited emergency medicine program and demonstrated experience in a leadership role
- current certification in the specialty by the American Board of Emergency Medicine, American Osteopathic Board of Emergency Medicine, or specialty qualifications that are acceptable to the Review Committee
- evidence of ongoing involvement in scholarly activity, including peer-reviewed publications
- eligible to obtain medical licensure in both Kansas and Missouri
- eligible to obtain medical staff appointment at Overland Park Regional Medical Center
- We offer a generous compensation and benefit package including medical and dental insurance, signing bonus, relocation reimbursement, 401K, a business-expense account, and occurrence-based malpractice coverage.
A suburb of the greater Kansas City metropolitan area, Overland Park has a population of more than 173,000, making it the second-largest city in Kansas. Overland Park was recently rated as one of the “Top 20 Best Places to Raise Your Kids in America” by Business Week. According to American City Business Journals, Overland Park also ranks 4th as the ”Midwest’s Wealthiest Cities.” Already, in 2017, WalletHub listed Overland Park as one of the Healthiest Cities in the U.S. as well as one of the Happiest Places to Live in 2017.