Baylor College of Medicine (www.bcm.edu) is recognized as one of the nation’s premier academic health science centers and is known for excellence in education, research, healthcare and community service. Located in the heart of the world’s largest medical center (Texas Medical Center), Baylor is affiliated with multiple educational, healthcare and research affiliates (Baylor Affiliates).
The Henry JN Taub Department of Emergency Medicine at Baylor College of Medicine seeks a Vice Chair of Research to oversee research operations for the department. The responsibilities of this position shall include:
1. Maintain a highly productive research operation with a national and international reputation.
2. Assist the Chair of the Department of Emergency Medicine in developing/recruiting/
3. Provide guidance and mentorship to junior faculty members in defining and developing their research projects and directions.
4. Support and expand resident, fellow, graduate student, medical student and undergraduate involvement in research, presentations, and publications. Potential for development of a training grant for resident/fellow research.
5. Compete successfully for external funding in order to maintain a well-rounded research portfolio.
6. Provide oversite, guidance and annual evaluations to research associated faculty members.
7. Have regular meetings with the research manager for financial updates on all research portfolios within the Department. Make recommendations to the Chair for corrective actions needed to keep the research operation viable and solvent.
Salary, rank, and tenure status are contingent upon candidate qualifications. The rank and tenure status awarded will be based upon qualifications in alignment with Baylor College of Medicine’s promotion and tenure policy.
Qualified applicants are expected to have a research record with significant extramural funding and leadership skills to develop a strong multidisciplinary collaborative Emergency Medicine research program and continue to grow current departmental research efforts. In addition to the above responsibilities, other duties may be assigned by the Chair.
Please include a cover letter and current curriculum vitae to your application.
This position is open until filled. For more information about the position, please contact Dick Kuo, MD via email [[email protected]].
Education: M.D. degree or equivalent
Experience: Research Fellowship not required for application
Licensure: Must be currently boarded in Emergency Medicine and eligible for liscensure in state of Texas.