Penn State Health Milton S. Hershey Medical Center seeks a Vice Chair of Research for the Department of Emergency Medicine. This position will provide leadership and oversight to research operations in the Department and maintain a highly productive research operation with a national and international interest.
What We’re Seeking:
* The successful candidate must demonstrate an exceptional research record;
* Individual must possess proven research leadership to mentor junior faculty members in their development of research projects and directions;
* A leader to cultivate a successful research portfolio. Track record of extra mural funding and obtaining grants a must.;
*Individuals with interdisciplinary collaboration experience, administrative and interpersonal skills to work with a diverse organization across multiple disciplines required.
*M.D., D.O. or foreign equivalent; completion of an accredited Emergency Medicine Residency program; have or be able to acquire a license to practice in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania; Board Certified by ABEM.
What We’re Offering:
* This position will work closely with the Department Chair;
* Provide oversight to external funding to maintain the research efforts for the Department;
* Attractive start-up package includes Sign-on Bonus;
*Comprehensive benefit package includes Relocation, CME, Retirement and so much more;
What the Area Offers:
Located in a safe family-friendly setting, Hershey, PA, our local neighborhoods boast a reasonable cost of living whether you prefer a more suburban setting or thriving city rich in theater, arts, and culture. Known as the home of the Hershey chocolate bar, Hershey’s community is rich in history and offers an abundant range of outdoor activities, arts, and diverse experiences. We’re conveniently located within a short distance to major cities such as Philadelphia, Pittsburgh, NYC, Baltimore, and Washington DC. We welcome you to a community that emulates the values Milton Hershey instilled in a town that holds his name.
For consideration for this position or to obtain additional information please contact:
Susan B. Promes, MD, MBA
Professor and Department Chair
c/o Heather Peffley, PHR FASPR
The Penn State Health Milton S. Hershey Medical Center is committed to affirmative action, equal opportunity and the diversity of its workforce. Equal Opportunity Employer – Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled.