The American College of Emergency Physicians (ACEP), a national medical specialty society representing emergency medicine with more than 28,000 members, is seeking your help in selecting a medical student who intends to pursue a career in emergency medicine, and who has demonstrated outstanding patient care and involvement in medical organizations or the community.
The award is intended to recognize students who excel in compassionate care of patients, professional behavior, and service to the community and/or specialty.
Award recognition includes:
- a plaque from ACEP
- free one-year membership in ACEP
- free registration to ACEP’s annual meeting
- convocation at ACEP’s annual meeting
Number of Awards
- Be a member in good standing of a US allopathic or osteopathic medical school.
- Applying for a position in Emergency Medicine within the National Resident Matching Program (NRMP) match.
ACEP is asking the chair of emergency medicine, the emergency medicine program director, or the medical student clerkship director, to select one medical student who is emergency medicine bound that addresses the following criteria, and complete and e-mail the application form to [email protected]
- Humanism, professionalism, and clinical judgment as attested to by the nominating individual
- Scholarly achievement: grades, academic rank, the US Medical Licensing Exam (USMLE) scores for allopathic residencies or the Comprehensive Medical Licensing Exams (COMLEX) scores for osteopathic residencies, and honors (AOA, etc.)
- CV driven listing of activities with annotated description of each of the following:
- Leadership and service to medical organizations: focus on professional service and advocacy (service to the College with emphasis on the College’s priority objectives, or local emergency medicine interest group [EMIG])
- Community service
- Research and publications
January 7, 2019
Notification Date for 2019 Recipients
April 15, 2019
Check out the nomination criteria here.