To honor a female faculty member who serves in an administrative role (e.g. medical, quality improvement, patient safety, patient experience director, informatics lead) and has shown significant career achievements in EM, through administrative innovations, advancing quality, safety, and efficiency of care, and building relationships or consensus across departments. In particular, the award will recognize a female administrator who has taken the lead on improving working environments and patient care in their departments or hospital systems.
- Female EM physician faculty member in a North American academic EM department
- Current Emergency Department administrator.
- Current SAEM and AWAEM member (no later than January 1, 2020) not currently serving on the AWAEM Awards Committee or Executive Council
- Evidence of achievements, innovation, and dedication in serving as an administrator in an academic EM department or hospital.
- National involvement and presence (e.g., through SAEM committees, research consortiums, medical director organizations (e.g. AMDA or advocacy groups))
- Activities demonstrating commitment to advancing the role of women in academic EM
- Innovation in creating and improving working environments in Emergency Departments
- Special consideration will be given to those who have made an impact on family leave or gender equality policies within their department.
- Nominee’s CV
- One nomination letter. Nomination letter may be submitted by current or former colleagues, mentors, mentees or employers.
Submit the CV and nomination letter to Andrea Fang, MD at [email protected] with the subject line “2020 AWAEM EM Director Award Nomination”
Deadline: January 15, 2020 at 11:59PM PST
Click here for the details on the AWAEM site.