Dr. Frosso Adamakos is the Assistant Program Director (APD) for the Department of Emergency Medicine at Metropolitan Hospital-New York Medical College in New York City. She is a native Brooklynite, but lived in Montreal Canada for 10 years as well. After completing residency as a chief resident at Maimonides Medical Center, she worked at the Staten Island University hospital academic and community sites where she ultimately developed her niche in resident education. Nowadays, besides being an APD, she also is a ring-side boxing physician for USA Boxing and is involved with the regional ALL NYC EM Committee, ACEP Well-Being Committee and AAWEP. Dr Adamakos has become passionate about giving lectures and over the last year has been invited to speak at the local and regional level all over New York and continues to enjoy doing so.
Listen to Dr. Adamakos discuss pearls from the 14th All NYC EM Conference on the CoreEM podcast here. (https://coreem.net/podcast/episode-145-0-all-nyc-em-14-pearls/).
- Leadership, Professional Development, Wellness
- Medical Education (Simulation, FOAM, Innovations)
- Cardiac Emergencies (EKGs, POC Echo, ACS)
- Trauma and Critical Care (including Airway)
- I enjoy the challenge of taking any given topic and lecturing on it and making it engaging. I am flexible on the content.