Laura Medford-Davis, MD
Assistant Professor, Baylor College of Medicine
Dr. Medford-Davis is an Emergency Physician working at Baylor College of Medicine in Dallas Texas. She completed her Robert Wood Johnson Clinical Scholar fellowship and Masters in Science of Health Policy at the University of Pennsylvania in June 2016.
Dr. Medford-Davis earned her medical degree at Harvard Medical School and undergraduate degrees in Spanish and Psychology at the University of Oklahoma and completed her residency at Baylor. She has worked for the Center for Medicare and Medicaid Innovation, the World Health Organization, Indian Health Services, National Institutes of Health, and as a consultant for McKinsey & Company. Her interests include improving value in health care delivery through care coordination and access to care for vulnerable populations.
- Health Policy (Injury Prevention, Intimate Partner Violence, Public Health)
- Healthcare Reform
- Value-based Healthcare Delivery (Accountable Care Organizations)
- Medicare Access and CHIP Reauthorization Act
- Health Information Exchange
- Costs of Healthcare
- Insurance Status and Access to Care/Health Outcomes