Mary Haas grew up in Farmington Hills, Michigan and attended University of Pennsylvania for college. She graduated from medical school at Loyola University Stritch School of Medicine in Chicago, where she was inducted into Alpha Omega Alpha. She then went on to complete her emergency medicine residency at the University of Michigan/Saint Joseph Mercy Hospital, where she served as a chief resident.
Her primary interests include medical education and leadership. She has previously served on the AAEM/RSA board of directors. She is also an active member of the Academic Life in Emergency Medicine (ALiEM) blog team, serving as the blog editor for the Innovations in Didactics and Educational Activities (IDEA) Series.
She is currently pursuing a medical education fellowship at the University of Michigan that includes a Master of Health Professions Education.
- Leadership, Professional Development, Wellness
- Medical Education (Simulation, FOAM, Innovations)
- The EM-EM Couple
- Residency Branding
- Becoming involved in National Leadership as a Student and Resident
- Twitter and Medical Education
- Women in Emergency Medicine