EMERGENCY MEDICINE – ASSOCIATE MEDICAL DIRECTOR
NEWTON MEDICAL CENTER – EM
175 HIGH STREET; NEWTON, NJ 07860
Envision Physician services is hiring Emergency Medicine Associate Site Medical Director to join our team at Newton Medical Center. Physicians must be Board Certified Emergency Medicine through American Board of Emergency Medicine (ABEM) or American ¬Osteopathic Board of Emergency Medicine (AOBEM) with a minimum of 2 years Emergency Medicine experience. Previous leadership and administrative experience preferred.
Newton Medical Center, a member of the Atlantic Health System, is a 148-bed community hospital serving northwestern New Jersey as well as the Poconos and New York. Newton Medical Center was ranked #3 top New Jersey hospitals under 350 beds by Castle Connolly for 2017, and ranked among the top 4 in the following specialties: breast cancer, prostate cancer, hip and knee repair, high-risk pregnancy, congestive heart failure, stroke, and neurological disorders. Newton Medical Center recently achieved the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Pathway to Excellence designation and is one of a select few health care facilities in New Jersey accredited by the Intersocietal Accreditation Commission (IAC) in all three echocardiography procedures: adult transthoracic, adult transesophogeal and adult stress.
Emergency Department Profile
• 36,000 annual patient volume
• 28 beds
• Fast Track
• EPIC EMR
• Advanced Practice Provider coverage
• A Primary Stroke Treatment Center – named among the top 10% in the nation for treatment of stroke by consumer healthcare ratings group Healthgrades®
• 5-star ratings for superior quality performance in treatment of: Heart Failure, Sepsis, and Respiratory Failure
• Pilot Program of opiate medication-assisted therapy
Newton, NJ is centrally located in the Kittatinny Valley within the NJ Highlands between the Delaware and Hudson Rivers.
• 1 hour from New York City, 45 minutes from upstate New York and 30 minutes to the Pocono Mountains
• Home to the New Jersey State fair and Sussex County Community College
• Cultural attractions include quaint restaurants, specialty shops, antique shops, art galleries, community events and festivals
• Recreational options include SkyView Golf Club and Sussex Skyhawks Professional Baseball.
Benefits and Compensation
Envision Physician Services is a dynamic, physician-led organization which has been offering exceptional career opportunities since 1972. With more than 25,200 affiliated providers coast-to-coast, Envision Physician Services is nationally-recognized for delivering clinical excellence supported through innovation, integration and exceptional leadership.
Whether you are considering full-time, part-time or independent contractor opportunities with Envision Physician Services, you can rest assured you will be working for an industry-leader who delivers a vast array of benefits unmatched within the industry, including:
• Physician-led organization
• Strong leadership on a local, regional and national level
• Exceptional quality of practice backed by comprehensive support services
• Optimal staffing ratios and flexible scheduling options
• “A” rated professional liability insurance
• Extensive variety of practice settings coast-to-coast
• Competitive compensation including several benefit options
• Opportunities for professional development, mentoring and career advancement
• Comprehensive education and training on leadership, management and clinical best practices, including a wide variety of CME programs
• Colleague referral bonus program
*Benefits vary by division, clinical specialty and employment status