Envision Physician Services is seeking an experienced Emergency Department Site Medical Director to join our team in Portsmouth, New Hampshire
Portsmouth Regional Hospital is the region’s largest and most sophisticated medical center. Portsmouth Regional Hospital (PRH) provides comprehensive inpatient and outpatient medical services to the residents of New England’s Greater Seacoast Area, stretching from the coast of Southern Maine to Northeastern Massachusetts. As a 209 bed facility, PRH is home to more than 200 physicians and 1,100 employees. PRH is the only Level II Trauma Center on the Seacoast and one of only three in New Hampshire to earn this important distinction. Portsmouth achieves high honors for quality patient care and holds several prestigious accreditations. They include accreditation as a Chest Pain Center with PCI from the Society of Chest Pain Centers, as well as The Joint Commission’s recognition as one of the Top Performers on Key Quality Measures™ and accreditation as a Primary Stroke Center. There are specialists and subspecialists available at all times including tertiary level coverage from Cardiovascular Surgery, Neurosurgery and Trauma Surgeons. Our 24/7 inpatient Hospitalist/Intensivist Program and superior nursing care have earned PRH top recognition for patient satisfaction.There are specialists and subspecialists available at all times including tertiary level coverage from Cardiovascular Surgery, Neurosurgery and Trauma Surgeons. Our 24/7 inpatient Hospitalist/Intensivist Program and superior nursing care have earned PRH top recognition for patient satisfaction.
Emergency Room Profile:
- 27,000 Annual Visits
- 22 Exam Rooms
- Level II Trauma Center
- 25% admission rate
- 24 hours of physician coverage and 24 hours APP coverage
- Staffed with Board-Certified emergency physicians, nurses and clinical staff specially trained in trauma and advanced cardiac life support
- Nurses with advanced emergency nurse certification (CEN) and Sexual Assault Nurse Examiner (SANE) certification
- Specialty rooms for gynecology, ear-nose-throat, trauma and cardiac patients
- Suberb Medical Subspecialty Back up
- Coordination with EMS providers to ensure rapid response and treatment of stroke patients
- Easy access to ancillary services not available elsewhere in the community, including neurological care, interventional radiology and a high-level Intensive Care Unit
Requirements: Emergency Medicine residency trained physician, board certified through ABEM or AOBEM. ED Director/Administrative experience required.
Portsmouth, NH, a seacoast city, sits near the mouth of the Piscataqua River, which divides the states of New Hampshire and Maine. Portsmouth is at the core of a metropolitan region that includes several small cities and towns. As the nation’s third oldest city, Portsmouth is rich in history and abundant with cultural activities. Portsmouth offers small-town charm blended with easy access to a host of outdoor activities and major cities. The area includes top-notch educational institutions-both public and private-along with no sales tax or state income tax. We are situated only an hour away from Boston and an hour from the lakes and mountains of NH.
The geographic location, historic past and cultural strength regularly lands Portsmouth on various “best places to live” lists. It has been called “one of the most culturally rich destinations in the country” with a stimulating mix of historic buildings, sidewalk cafes, great restaurants, art
Benefits and Compensation
Envision Physician Services is a dynamic, physician-led organization which has been offering exceptional career opportunities since 1972. With more than 14,000 affiliated providers coast-to-coast, Envision Physician Services is nationally-recognized for delivering clinical excellence supported through innovation, integration and exceptional leadership.
Whether you are considering full-time, part-time or independent contractor opportunities with Envision Physician Services, you can rest assured you will be working for an industry-leader who delivers a vast array of benefits unmatched within the industry, including:
- Physician-led organization
- Strong leadership on a local, regional and national level
- Exceptional quality of practice backed by comprehensive support services
- Optimal staffing ratios and flexible scheduling options
- “A” rated professional liability insurance
- Extensive variety of practice settings coast-to-coast
- Competitive compensation including several benefit options
- Opportunities for professional development, mentoring and career advancement
- Comprehensive education and training on leadership, management and clinical best practices, including a wide variety of CME programs
- Colleague referral bonus program