TeamHealth has an excellent opportunity to join our emergency department team as a PRN physician at Waterbury Hospital in Waterbury, Connecticut. Waterbury Hospital is a world-class, award-winning, 357-bed hospital. This facility is an accredited Level II Trauma Center, featuring a cardiac catheterization laboratory, stroke center, STEMI and cardiac center with 24-hour diagnostic imaging, 24-hour behavioral health crisis management and triage services for adolescents and adults. Additionally, there is medical helicopter transport available for acute patients in partnership with Yale-New Haven Hospitals.
The Waterbury Hospital emergency department features 22 emergency department beds and an annual volume 55,000. There is 48 hours of physician coverage per day and 24 hours of advanced practice clinician coverage per day. The EMR is Cerner.
We ask that candidates be ABEM or AOBEM eligible or certified within 5 years of residency. Active or proof of application of a Connecticut medical license, Connecticut controlled substance, DEA, ACLS, and PALS certifications are required.
– Employee model
– Excellent work/life balance with flexible scheduling
– Competitive compensation
– Professional liability insurance with tail coverage
– Access to TeamHealth’s clinician wellness program
– Association with a leading physician practice in the U.S. and stability of a respected industry leader
– Access to professional development tools, educational resources, and CME through the TeamHealth Institute
– Leadership and growth opportunities to further your career