Dr. Taira is the Director of Research for the Department of Emergency Medicine at Olive View-UCLA Medical Center. She is also the U.S. Director of Project SEMILLA, a volunteer group of emergency medical professionals whose mission is to improve emergency health care capacity in Latin America. She is an honorary professor of the national university of Nicaragua and lectures there regularly.
- Cardiac Emergencies (EKGs, POC Echo, ACS)
- Trauma and Critical Care (including Airway)
- Research (Methodology, Funding)
- Health Policy (Injury Prevention, Intimate Partner Violence, Public Health)
- Global Emergency Capacity Development