Dr. Mahapatra is a mother of two and an attending physician at Nebraska Medicine in Omaha, NE. She has been in practice for 11 years and trained at William Beaumont Hospital in Royal Oak, Michigan. She has served as the Medical Director for a FSED in Omaha and has been on the editorial board of Emergency Physician's Monthly for 8 years. Her writing and editing has been featured in several articles and EPM's blog "Crash Cart." Most recently, she was a guest editor for AAWEP's published collection of essays. Her interests include wellness, public speaking, quality improvement and orthopedics. She has lectured on all of these topics for EM residents as well.
- Leadership, Professional Development, Wellness
- Operations, Finance, Health Care System Design
- Motherhood and the Medical Marriage
- Emergency Orthopedics
- Administration and Medical Directorship
- Quality Improvement, Medical Editing