The Gender Equity in Medicine Research Foundation was founded in 2018 with the goal of promoting gender equity in the field of medicine by funding research projects that examined equity issues within the physician workforce. The foundation successfully funded three projects. Unfortunately due to fundraising issues resulting from the pandemic, GEMRF had to close in 2021. FemInEM plans to create other grant opportunities in the future, so stay tuned!
The GEMRF committee received a truly outstanding number of high quality submissions in our first ever grant application cycle in 2019. We are delighted to announce three grant recipients. We look forward to following along in the process of their research. Please join us in congratulating these scholars and thanking all the applicants for the work they do in the study of gender equity in medicine!
Dr. Alisa Hayes
- Medical College of Wisconsin
- Gendered Microaggressions and Physician Stress
Dr. Kinjal Sethuraman and Dr. Diane Kuhn
- University of Maryland
- Anchoring vignettes to identify gender bias in patient satisfaction scores
Dr. Reem Hanna and Dr. Marisha Burden
- University of Colorado School of Medicine
- Reducing Gender Bias in Academic Medicine with a Scripted Intervention