We are proud to announce our support of the newly formed Gender Equity in Medicine Research Foundation, an independent 501(c)(3) organization.
This foundation will work to foster and promote gender equity in the field of medicine, and conduct and support research and educational activities aimed at developing and promoting solutions for workplace equity issues in the physician workforce, including but not limited to issues of physician salary transparency, equity in promotion and tenure, workplace policies supporting new parents and increasing women physicians in leadership roles.
Our application cycle is currently closed. Check back soon for details on the next application cycle.
The GEMRF committee received a truly outstanding number of high quality submissions in our first ever grant application cycle this past summer. We are delighted to announce three grant recipients. We look forward to following along in the process of their research. Please join us in congratulating these scholars and thanking all the applicants for the work they do in the study of gender equity in medicine!
Dr. Alisa Hayes
- Medical College of Wisconsin
- Gendered Microaggressions and Physician Stress
Dr. Kinjal Sethuraman and Dr. Diane Kuhn
- University of Maryland
- Anchoring vignettes to identify gender bias in patient satisfaction scores
Dr. Reem Hanna and Dr. Marisha Burden
- University of Colorado School of Medicine
- Reducing Gender Bias in Academic Medicine with a Scripted Intervention
GEMRF Benefit Auctions
Interested in getting some fantastic medical education while contributing to the GEMRF? Now you can! We are pleased to announce FIVE new auctions for upcoming medical education conferences. Secure your ticket while donating to the research foundation!
All auctions close at 11:59 PM on Monday, February 17 so don’t delay!
- GEMRF ACMT 2020 Annual Scientific Meeting Auction
- GEMRF CastleFest 2020 Auction
- GEMRF CORD 2020 Auction
- GEMRF Essentials of EM 2020 Auction
- GEMRF Rebellion in EM 2020 Auction
For further information on the Foundation, please email Dr. Beck-Esmay at [email protected]